My talks are mostly about how MailChimp has tackled this whole Big Data thing. As a midsize business that makes money off something other than data, you quickly realized that your place in a company as a data scientist is not to be the rock star. No, you've gotta integrate with the larger machine to produce the best product possible. So I'll be talking about how that worked at a very design-centric company and what products have come out of it.
At INFORMS, I'm going to be talking a bit more specifically about a study we did on send frequency. And at Big Data Tech Con I'm actually teaching an all-day introduction to data science algorithms.
So if you see a talk in your neck of the woods, come on out. And if you want to grab a beer, just reach out and let's set something up!
- September 11 Bright Talk Webinar: Metrics, Monkeys & Math: Lessons on Using Big Data from MailChimp
- September 12-13 Big Data Innovation Summit (Boston, MA)
- September 18-19 Structure Europe (London, England)
- October 2 Data Science Meetup (Atlanta, GA)
- October 6-9 INFORMS (Minneapolis, MN)
- October 9 Infopresse (Montreal, Canada)
- October 15 Big Data TechCon (San Fransico, CA)
- October 17-19 ONA13 (Atlanta, GA)
- October 28 Data Driven NYC (New York, NY)
- October 28-30 Strata (New York, NY)
- April 7-9, 2014 The Cloud Factory (Banff, Canada)